Friday, January 10, 2014

The Switch to be Happy

I’ve come to a realization that not everyone finds their calling in life right away. There are individuals that do but end up feeling they need a change in life. I personally have switched jobs, courses, and professions multiple times in the past 10 years. I’ve gone from being a cook in McDonald’s to becoming a sales associate, to a assistant manager to even custodian. In this blog I will be taking  different views on why the switch of profession in finding a happier living.

From full-time to part-time, seasonal and temporary, are what we hear when we all get hired for a position at a workplace that we would enjoy and stay with. As years role we grow weary and bored of the repetitiveness that happens from monday to friday for 8 hours of our day. If not then it has to do with a certain employee that’s bothersome or management not being able to do their job accordingly. These are just few of the reasons as to why people would find a better job or switch professions. However, not all individuals have a reason to switch because of minor reasoning. They may switch professions to intrigue ones intellectual ability or they just want to switch and go on a different path. Either way a switch in jobs can lead that person to a better life or even more hope for their own future where they would be able to experience happiness in what they’re doing. Personally I have made these choices in my life and I have to say that if I haven’t done those switches I wouldn’t be where I am today.

During my years going from part-time to full-time jobs, going in and out of school for majority of my life has put me in a path where I am able to fully comprehend where I may be headed. As a student finishing my BA in english has made me realize that there are many different professions to what I can be when I finish. The choices are unlimited and are accessible depending on how hard I work for the profession. Initially I wanted to become an english high school teacher teaching teens the proper use of the english language and how to decipher what a novel or text is actually representing or trying to represent. However, to be able to teach young individuals can be a challenge, but provides a sense of fulfillment to see each young individual express their own ideas. Teaching creates a stable lifestyle of working Monday to Friday 8 hour shifts which can become very repetitive and can or will become plain or even boring. 

As a student, I would like to avoid, or try to avoid the notion of changing careers, knowing that my career isn’t satisfying my needs. I think that people switch career for more than just for better environment or just to switch. I think that when people make a career switch it becomes more personal and more logical to what the person thinks or feels to which is more suited to their needs. It can also be that switching will allow them to follow their dreams wanting what they had envisioned themselves to do in the first place, however wasn’t able to follow through. A better pay is always great and is always a factor in switching careers, but knowing that the switch of careers can actually create a better living and make you feel happy at what you’re doing, will be the best decision you can ever make in your life.

- allaus

No comments:

Post a Comment