Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Journey to Remember - Thoughts II

During the past week ever since day 8 it has been hard to continue to be motivated and keep on track with everything (work, bodybuilding, school, friends, family, etc.). I have been trying to focus on the things that I need to focus on, however things always took priority. I know I am not superman and that I am unable to satisfy everyones needs. I have noticed over the week that I have set things aside for others rather than focusing on things that I need to focus on.

Most of my life I have help others before doing my own things. I have helped friends, family, coworkers and even a few strangers. Don’t get me wrong, helping others is the courteous thing to do rather than just not helping at all. A good way to be able to help and respect the other party’s needs, if you aren’t able to help out personally, is provide other options. Providing options who need help with something shows them that you are concerned about their needs and that you want them to be able to find the best solution to achieve whatever their needs are. Regardless if you are not able to help out personally giving possible suggestions would give an idea of other solutions. Nevertheless if there are things that prevent you from focusing on what you need to do try to help out even if it is suggesting other possible solutions. Whether you help out personally or provide other suggestions the result will be as equally rewarding.

As previously mentioned it was difficult to stay on track with training from things that I needed to do and focus on. I think from the past week I only trained 3 or 4 times when I needed to train 5-6 times a week. I was preoccupied with work and school, which I needed to focus on. One thing that I need to do is manage my time more wisely. It is obvious that we all feel as if time is limited. We usually think that we need more time or we do not have enough time when in actuality we have the right amount of time given. For myself, I tend to do more things when I already have a lot on my plate. I do realize that I should not do more things unless I am able to focus on helping others or doing other tasks that are outside my schedule. There is nothing wrong with being able to take more things on, however analyze what you have and ask yourself if you’re able to add more things on top of what you already have. I, personally, have just enough things to focus on at the moment where I know I am capable of achieving what I need to achieve.

Life can be tough when you have a lot on your plate. As for myself I try to go ahead one step at a time. If you feel extremely confident and go for that leap then go for it! As long as you know that life does have its challenges, however you only grow from them. The challenges that I face can certainly bring me down. Currently, I’m finishing my Bachelors degree in English under the University of Manitoba. You might say, “what are you going to do once you graduate?” well that’s a great question. I come to a point that a degree in English can go either two ways (from what I know). One is I can go into education and teach in a school setting or two go into editing and become an editor for a publishing company. However, with me journeying towards becoming a bodybuilder and competing in the mens physique competition I’d like to become a fitness trainer and help and inspire those who would like to change their way of living. What about my degree? I would still utilize my degree and have a certificate in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL). This way I am not only a fitness trainer I would also be a teacher for potential ESL students.


As you can tell that I have a long path ahead of me. I’m finishing my degree, preparing for a bodybuilding competition as well as preparing to become a fitness trainer/ESL teacher. All of these goals are there for the taking. All I have to do is make sure that I focus, stay motivated and continue to work hard and I know that whatever goals you may have you can achieve them as well.



(Reference: Yu for allowing me to paraphrase his comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment