Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Journey to Remember - Week 3

Week 3 went well. Despite having papers, a final and the lack of sleep during the week I would have to say it went alright. What I do want to blog about is about resting because I still have a fair bit of trouble making sure I have the right amount of sleep, especially now that I’m bodybuilding.

During the week it was some what difficult to have the right amount of rest. Although I did have papers and a final exam I should have made sure that I had enough sleep in order to properly function. I guess you can say that I have trouble making sure I rest up because of school. I know I should not make school an excuse to not sleep 6-8 hours an evening and unfortunately it happens. All the homework, assignments and studying for tests or finals. Regardless making sure you rest is highly recommended especially if you want to stay fit or just be healthy in general.

What I had found about resting and making sure I got 6-8 hours of sleep was that it provided more energy to get me through the day. It also made me feel well rested even after a long day of school, work, studying, working out, more studying and so on. It is very important that you get the right amount of sleep so you can feel well rested and have more energy for the next day. However, what I did not do was not sleep the recommended hours. I lacked sleep most days during the week where I found myself only sleeping 5 hours a night. It was bad. For myself, I found that when I have less sleep I become extremely tired, restless and lazy. I feel like I would want to stay in bed and sleep some more; I would not want to go to class or not do homework, etc. It was just plain out bad.

What I also found was I looked tired constantly. Mind you I still look tired now because I did not have much sleep. I ended having bags under my eyes, I haven’t shaved (looking like a caveman) and sometimes my eyes are dry and red. These results are not what I want for myself. I would rather sleep 6-8 hours so that I don’t look tired, I don’t get the bags under my eyes; not lazy or restless and just have healthy eyes. Having the lack of sleep also affected my workouts during the week. I remember during one of my push days I was bench pressing two plate (one on each side) of 35lbs and I wasn’t able to push through. What is even more embarrassing is that it was only a warm-up set. Although, I was still surprised that I was able to put in 5 days of gym time and got my workout sessions in, however I wasn’t able to push myself to my fullest extent. Nonetheless what counts is that I put in the time and was patient even if it was not the best workout.

I think what myself and everyone in general is to be able to put in time with whatever they need to do, whether it be more sleep, time with friends and family, work, school, studying, etc. make time to get some well deserved rest. What I do at times is I power nap if I wasn’t able to get 6-8 hours the night before. I know most aren’t able to power nap because of working during the day, however after work try taking a power nap for 10-15 minutes and you’ll feel a bit rejuvenated.


Being week 4 now what I’m going to be doing is that I need to sleep more than what I had done during last week. I need to have 6-8 hours of rest so that I’m able to workout better, be healthier as well as not look as tired as I am now. I encourage everyone to try getting some rest and well deserved sleep that you need so that you can feel rejuvenated and feel well rested and look fresh :)
By the way, I will be posting some progress pictures soon since it is going to be a month since I started this journey. I’m quite excited and nervous because I hardly took shirtless pictures before. So this would be a big step for me in showing my month progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment